Le mod Project nevada : Fallout new Vegas.
Project Nevada is a mod aiming to make Fallout: New Vegas a more interesting - eventually more challenging - but surely more fun experience for you.
Created by the team responsible for the Fallout 3 Wanderers Edition (FWE), we're leaving the barren DC wasteland behind and move on west to new, exciting regions.
Project Nevada is not an overhaul, instead it's organized as a set of themed modules.
Each module can address different aspects of the game and target different audiences, but they are also designed to work in conjunction.
Our vision is to allow players picking the modules they want and using them together with any mod they like, instead of forcing them to make the all-or-nothing choice.
See the next sections for detailed descriptions and features of all current modules.
Further general objectives and design concepts are:
* Easy installation and setup; no load order or complicated dependencies.
* Great customization through different modules and an in-game menu
* Rather keep things straightforward and enjoyable than overly complicated and tedious.
* Avoid changes that could conflict with other mods unless they are absolutely necessary.
* Blend features in as good as possible - players shouldn't feel reminded that they're using a mod.
The Core module is the foundation of Project Nevada, and as such required by all other modules.
It adds the gameplay features found in popular first-person-shooter games that were missing in New Vegas.
Some of those features are improved versions of already well-known Fallout 3 mods, like the Grenade Hotkey, Bullet Time or Sprint.
All of them are rewritten from the ground up, with exciting new features like the support for several VATS perks in Bullet Time and support for throwing weapons with the grenade hotkey.
Others are brand new, like the Dynamic Crosshair that changes it size according to the current weapon spread.
Each of those features can be individually enabled or disabled in-game. They are fully script-based to play along well with other mods.
To allow customization, the Core module implements a Control Panel, which can be accessed directly from the pause menu.
Other mods may extend the Control Panel without conflict and make use of the provided methods for streamlined hotkey assignment.
Since the Core module avoids conflicting changes, players are free run it alongside any other mods, including their favorite overhaul.
This feature causes the crosshair to expand and contract dynamically based on the player's current gun spread.
A classic feature that doesn't need much introduction - press a hotkey to slow down time, at the cost of Action Points.
Yet another classic - as the name suggests, Sprint allows you to increase your speed until your action points are used up.
When bouncing into an opponent you may knock him down if your Strength is overpowering his.
Press a hotkey to quickly equip and prepare an explosive, then release to throw it.
Another hotkey is used to cycle through the different throwables in the players inventory. Besides grenades and thrown weapons, mines and placed explosives are now supported as well.
Any unknown explosives are automatically supported once they have been equipped.
Variable Zoom for scoped weapons
All scoped weapons get multiple zooming steps. This automatically works for mod-added weapons as well.
The number and magnification of those additional zooming steps is based on range of the weapon, so it will not turn a pistol into a sniper rifle.
Selected weapons have a digital zoom (Gauss, Scoped Laser Rifle).
When moving backwards, the player's speed is reduced based on his/her agility.
First-person Visor Overlays for helmets
Helmets and other headgear now get immersive first-person overlays and vision effects.
Based on the item condition, cracks and scratches will show up on the visor as well.
Immersive Health Visuals
With decreasing health, the player's vision gets weak and blurry, creating an immersive feedback mechanism for you current health.
Enhanced Stealth Field
The stealth field of armors or Stealth Boys can now be toggled on and off by hotkey.
To keep things balanced, the field can only stay stable for a short while. The current stability is displayed in the HUD.
Enhanced Vision Modes
Power Armor helmets and other high-tech gear now enable enhanced vision modes like Night Vision, Heat Vision and EM Vision.
If there's no Power Armor equipped as a power source, energy cells are required while these modes are active.
Explosive Entry ENHANCED
This feature makes it possible to burst open locked containers and doors with explosives.
It uses no special interface, just detonate something close enough to a lock and you may break it.
Immersive Primary Needs
As hunger, thirst or sleep depriviation increase, the player is notified by periodic sound effects.
These effects kick in shortly before the first penalties occur, so the player is given a chance to eat, drink or sleep in time.
The old control panel has been completely replaced by MCM, which enables more user-friendly and visually appealing menus.
It's still accessible from the pause menu, and every Project Nevada Core feature can be enabled/disabled at runtime.
To keep your inventory managable, even when carrying lots of items, the inventory sorter prefixes items based on categories.
It's fully scripted and easily extendable by other mods, even without depending on Project Nevada itself.
Selected unique weapons can be charged to enable powerful special attack modes.
By default, these weapons are the AER14 Laser Rifle and the Q-35 Plasma Rifle, with the Equipment module adding even more of them.
Even though humanity nuked itself back into the Stone Age, you don't have to fight with sticks and stones.
Some of man's most advanced technological creations have been preserved - and the Cyberware module gives you the chance to obtain them!
Practically this means new features are associated with cybernetic implants and high-tech equipment.
Examples include enhanced vision modes for power armor helmets and bionic legs allowing you to charge towards your enemies with super-human speed.
While for equipment existing items are used, the cybernetic implants come with a custom interface to attach and manage them.
Unique implants that grant powerful abilities are placed all over the wasteland in rewarding locations.
Other, less powerful implants can be obtained from selected vendors, though with the proper Science skill those can be upgraded up to 3 times.
The whole system is balanced by several mechanisms, like limiting the number of implants that can be attached at the same time, or requiring energy supply for special equipment.
* AR Scanner: Real-time target analysis
* Bionic Eyes: Enhanced vision modes
* Empathy Synthesizer: Charisma +1
* Logic Co-Processor: Intelligence +1
* Optics Enhancer: Perception +1
* Probability Calculator: Luck +1
* Voice Modulator: Speech +2(3,4,5), Barter +2(3,4,5)
* Wired Synapses: Bullet time slowndown increased by 20%
* Adrenaline Booster: AP regeneration bonus for kills
* Hypertrophy Accelerator: Strength +1
* Monocyte Breeder: Health regeneration
* Nociception Regulator: Endurance +1
* Reflex Booster: Agility +1
* Stealth Nano-Bots: Controllable stealth field
* Sub-Dermal Armor: DT +4
* Synthetic Lungs: 25% lower Sprint AP drain, water breathing
* Kinetic Accelerator: Attack and reload 50% (100%) faster during bullet time
* Nanobionic Weave: Limb regeneration
* Hand Stabilizer: Lockpick +2(3,4,5), Repair +2(3,4,5)
* Motor Memorizer: Guns +2(3,4,5), Energy Weapons +2(3,4,5)
* Neural Datatool: Science +4(6,8,10)
* Razor Nails: Unarmed critical chance and damage increased by 25% (40,55,70)
* EMP Generator: EM Burst, Capacity 5x (10x), Recharge 1x (2x) per hour
* Hyperfrequence Emitter: HF Burst, Capacity 5x (10x), Recharge 1x (2x) per hour
* Kinetic Accelerator: Surroundings slowed down by 25% (50%) during sprint
* Nanobionic Weave: Limb regeneration
* Tread Damper: Sneak +4(6,8,10)
* Weight Absorber: Carry weight +10(20,30,40)
* Man Machine: Two additional torso implant slots
* Tin Head: Two additional head implant slots
* Iron Handshake: Two additional arm implant slots
* Cyberlimbic: Two additional leg implant slots
This module aims to bring back the challenge and balance known from Fallout3 Wanderers Edition and includes many tweaks to the FNV gameplay and difficulty.
Combat will be quicker and deadlier and survival much harder.
These changes are aimed to be very subtle and non-intrusive, making the game more challenging without inconveniencing the player.
As usual, the Control Panel allows players to freely customize most settings according to their personal preferences.
* Reduced Leveling Speed
* Configurable Skill Points per Level
* Configurable Level Cap
* STR-focused Carry Weight Formula
* AGI-focused Action Point Formula
* Configurable Number of Perks per Level
* STR-based Throwing Range Multiplier
Damage and Combat Options
* Less Hitpoints for Player and NPCs
* Customized DT Bleedthrough
* Increased Radiation Rate
* Reduced Safe Falling Distance
* Reduced Influence of Skill to Damage
* Explosion Knockdowns and Explosion Ringing Effect
* Increased Limb Damage
* Headshots Bypass DT when Head is Unprotected
* Configurable Auto Aim
Stealth and Movement Options
* Higher Sneak Difficulty
* Experimental Detection AI
* Reduced Running Speed
* Increased Speed with Holstered Weapon
* Reduced Speed with Crippled Legs
* No Food Healing
* Alternative Repair System
* Configurable Timescale and Primary Needs Increases
* Survival Skill and Food Quality Influence Primary Needs Rates
* Hidden Karma Messages
* Hidden Sneak Indicator
* Tweaked Death Physics Force
* Tweaked Gore Chances
Item Rarity Changes
* Rarer Stimpaks
* Rarer High Quality Food
* Rarer Ammo
Food is generally classified as Terrible, Bad and Good. With decreasing quality, the food is less nutritious.
If the respective option is enabled, eating bad or terrible food will temporarily increase the hunger rate.
More details can be found here.
The Equipment module brings new weapons and armor to the Mojave Wasteland.
Source of these items are the many excellent creations produced by the modding community, as well as those created by our own team.
We aim to include only weapons and armor of high quality that fit well within the New Vegas environment and the Fallout universe in general.
To ensure a seamless integration, the new items are carefully balanced and placed at appropriate locations, including vendors and loot lists.
* .22 Revolver
* 10mm Alloy Steel Pistol
* Alloy Steel Assault Rifle
* Alloy Steel Combat Shotgun
* Assault Rifle
* Chinese Assault Rifle
* Chinese Pistol
* Combat Shotgun
* Dart Gun
* Double-Barrel Shotgun
* Dragoon Assault Rifle
* Dragoon Pistol
* Lever-Action Rifle
* Railway Rifle
* Replica Repeater
* Chinese Sniper Rifle 
* The People's Rifle 
* 5mm Submachine Gun  
* Three Shooter  
* European Battle Rifle   (Source)
* Liberator Rifle (Source)
* .44 Pistol (Source)
* High Roller   (Source)
* Homemade Assault Rifle (Source)
* Homemade Rifle (Source)
* Alien Atomizer
* Alien Disintegrator
* Captain's Sidearm
* Microwave Emitter
* Rail Cannon  
* AES18 Prototype Tri-Beam Laser Rifle
* Q-41 Prototype MultiPlas Rifle
* Auto-Gauss   (Source)
* Cryo Revolver  (Source)
* Gauss Minigun  (Source)
* Tesla Rifle Prototype   (Source)
* Flamer Pistol   (Source)
* Wattz Laser Pistol (Source)
* Wattz Laser Rifle (Source)
* Plasma Disruptor   (Source)
* Plasma Repeater   (Source)
* Homemade Plasma Rifle (Source)
* Auto-Gauss Pistol (Source)
* Stealth Laser Pistol   NEW
* Chinese Officer's Sword
* Deathclaw Gauntlet
* Dragoon Sword
* Shock Baton
* Flag Pole
* Crowbar (Source)
* Rising Sun   (Source)
* Remote Frag Mine
* Remote Plasma Mine
* Remote Pulse Mine
* Remote Pipe Bomb
* Cryo Grenade
* Cryo Mine
* Molotov Cocktail (Source)
* Dynamite Charge (Source)
* Surgical Mask
* Armored Vault 21 Jumpsuit
* A Suit Named Slickback (Eulogy Jones Suit)
* A Hat Named Slickback (Eulogy Jones Hat)
* Army Jumpsuit
* Desert Recon Armor
* Eyebot helmet
* Outcast Armor
* Medic Power Armor Mk II
* Advanced Recon Armor (Source)
* Advanced Recon Helm (Source)
* Armored Duster (Source)
* Death Walker Duster (Source)
* Ranger Recon Armor (Source)
* Ranger Recon Helm (Source)
* T57-C Power Armor (Source)
* Vault-Tec Power Armor (Source)
* Leather Backpack (Source)
Hormis la défaite, rien n'est plus terrible que la gloire. (Pierre Schoendoerffer)
Coelum, non animum mutant qui trans mare, mare currunt. Courir au-delà des mers, c'est changer de climat, mais non changer de coeur (HORACE, liv. I, épit. XI, v. 27)