La taverne du Poulpe.
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

La Taverne de Sma et Cherad

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Réassort du coffret Pokémon 151 ...
Voir le deal

POTBS...news ?

4 participants
Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Le Poulpe
Le "Patron". Barre-bar...
Le Poulpe

Masculin Nombre de messages : 2585

POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Empty
MessageSujet: Re: POTBS...news ?    POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMar 12 Fév - 19:50

Ha ?

Transition Update

February 11, 2013 / Half-Hitch

The word from Hamled is that we are still tracking toward a Wednesday Feb 13th server start date, but there really isn’t anything more to add. No new problems have been found. More information as it comes in!

Hoho...!

Santé !
POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Rhumglac
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Le Poulpe
Le Poulpe

MessageSujet: Re: POTBS...news ?    POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMer 13 Fév - 12:36

POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Marin

Transition Update

February 12, 2013 / Half-Hitch

Hamled worked through the night last night and has finished getting the login/authentication system ugraded and working, which means we can get servers up and running. Fodderboy and I will start testing the servers to make sure everything is working properly.

While we're doing that, Hamled will be getting the launcher system working. Current word is that if everything goes well we'll be able to open up the servers to players Wednesday night, but want to warn you that it is possible that that will extend into Thursday (especially if we uncover something during testing). We are working as hard as we can to get things up as quickly as possible. We want the game back online just as much as you all do!

Santé !
POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 789375
Le Poulpe
Le Poulpe

MessageSujet: Re: POTBS...news ?    POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJeu 14 Fév - 2:40

:leb: :leb: :leb:

Testing Update

February 13, 2013 / Half-Hitch

Fodderboy and I have just finished our scripted test procedures (scripted as in pre-written, not scripted as in using computer scripts) and we have encountered no issues. We're still conducting some additional ad hoc tests and automated tests, but passing the scripted test procedure is a big hurdle to clear and things are looking very good for the game being online tomorrow.

Santé !
POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 789375
Le Poulpe
Le Poulpe

MessageSujet: Re: POTBS...news ?    POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Fév - 0:01

Transition Update

February 14, 2013 / Half-Hitch

Hamled is in the final stages of getting the new launcher ready. Current estimate is that the new launcher will be available within the next 4-6 hours. Once the launcher is out, we'll open up the Test Server. Assuming no issues pop up as people start logging into the Test Server, we'll open Antigua and Roberts a little while after that, and then we're off to the races! We're almost there!

POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Yeah
Le Poulpe
Le Poulpe

MessageSujet: Re: POTBS...news ?    POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Fév - 9:46

We're Back!

Pirates of the Burning Sea is out of drydock! The Test Server is currently online and available once you've patched with the new launcher.

Where can I download the new launcher?

The new launcher can be found here: www.burningsea.com/download

What should I do if I haven't migrated my accounts yet?

Please send us an email at customerservice@portalusgames.com and we'll try to get your accounts migrated. We will begin processing manual migrations as soon as we're sure everything is stable.

Where can I migrate my account if I already have a migration code?

We will be getting the website where you can complete your migration if you have a migration code up soon.

I don't have a PotBS account, where can I register one?

We don't have a way to register new accounts yet, but we'll have one soon.

I've found a problem, what should I do?

First, please check and see if it has been listed as a known issue on the forums, here: http://www.burningsea.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97250. If the problem isn't listed there, please send us an email (customerservice@portalusgames.com) describing the issue.

What fabulous gifts await us upon our return to the seas?

We will be giving returning players 500 Burning Sea Points to say thanks for sticking with us during the transition. We'll have more details about this soon.

Using the Launcher

Once you download a launcher, you'll see a screen that asks you where you want to install the game. If you point this at where your game is currently installed, you won't need to download the whole client again.

EDIT:

If you are seeing "Support Package Install... Failed 1010" the launcher should fix it automatically. If the last line says "Locating Support Package... Downloading" just let it run.

EDIT: Finding your install location

If you still have the shortcut icon you used to launch PotBS on your desktop, right click on it and select Properties. The install directory is the one listed in the "Start in:" field.
Le Poulpe
Le Poulpe

MessageSujet: Re: POTBS...news ?    POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitimeVen 15 Fév - 10:38

Slow Download Speeds

The 3rd party we used to distribute the game files is having a problem getting those files out. We will be switching to a different 3rd party file distribution system as soon as possible to make download speeds much faster.

Status Update

February 15, 2013 / Half-Hitch

Crossposting Fodderboy's update from the forums:

Due to the volume of launcher and game downloads occurring and their download speed we have decided to hold off on unlocking the Antigua and Roberts servers for a few more hours. Though Antigua and Roberts have passed their initial checks we want to hold off on opening the servers until more players have been able to complete their launcher downloads to avoid potential game issues that might occur if a small disproportionate number of players have access to the servers.

We will continue to work on the download speed issues players are experiencing. Many of the errors players are experiencing that appear as “network errors” are due to the fact that the download servers are currently overloaded. We will leave the Test server up and available for players to test their connectivity. We understand this process can be frustrating for players but we can only suggest at this time that many of the errors are caused by the load on the download server and often the only real solution to the issue is to either try downloading again if the process stalls or wait and try downloading later as the download demand starts to drop off.

We cannot set a specific time for when we will unlock the Antigua and Roberts servers. When we will is dependent on the number of downloads completed and we feel comfortable with the number of players that can login. We will update this status thread as soon as we have any change in status.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: POTBS...news ?    POTBS...news ?  - Page 2 Icon_minitime

POTBS...news ?
Page 2 sur 12Aller à la page : Précédent  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Suivant